Netkiller originated from the “Network Trouble Killers” community, which has been active since 1997 (with over 25 000 members) and was incorporated in 2004. Since then, Netkiller provides Google App deployment, customization services and among their products is this customer support solution called Netkiller Cloud Help Desk.
Today Netkiller has offices in San Jose, Seoul and Tokyo and is an authorized partner of Google, and Salesforce.
Control, Look and Feel
Because Cloud Desk is built in Google Apps Script, everything look and feel like another applications from Google Apps suite. Cloud Desk even use well known elements like charts from Google Docs in his own Dashboard, or directly spreadsheet from Google Apps for ticket overview as you can see on screenshots below.
Be part of Google Apps has other than cosmetic benefits. For example guaranteed 99,9% uptime for Business users, security handled by Google Account settings and of course the ability to share content among others Google Accounts.
Cloud Desk has all the basic features, that you may wanted from a simple helpdesk
- Customization of appearance, like site name and logo
- Email notifications when cases (or tickets) are created, assigned or resolved
- Conversation logs between customers and agents
- Feedback from customers in every case in form of survey
Cloud Desk also has other functions, thanks to Google Apps, like
- Seamless and easy integration with Google Apps (obviously)
- Ability to search and manage past cases (o tickets) in Google Groups history
- Sharing cases with large groups or assigned to specific agent
- Ability to work offline once Google Apps offline is launched
There are no pricing plans, just two fees. First is the big one
- Customization/setup - $1 000 (one time fee)
and the second one is annual
- Annual cost - $200 for unlimited agents
When we do math and omitted setup fee, its about $17 per month for unlimited users, which is really cool, but setup fee forces you to have this helpdesk for a longer period of time itself to pay up.
Netkiller’s Cloud Desk does not bring anything special, but its advantage is that it is part of Google Apps and can be seamlessly integrated with it. So If you are using Google Apps for running your business, do not have high demands on functions, need some customer support and don’t want to integrate some 3rd party solution (and also if you overcome this gigantic setup fee), then Cloud Desk may be the right solution for you.
What we liked:
- Standart helpdesk features in well-known Google’s enviroment
- $200 for year = $16 for month for unlimited user
- If you are using Google Apps for business, then using Cloud Desk will be easy for you
What we didn't like:
- If you don't use Google Apps then you cant really benefit from this solution
- $1000 is a little pricey for a first “date”
- Lack of any killer-feature